The Great Lakes – St. Lawrence Basin is managed at the binational, national, state/provincial, and local levels. The Cities Initiative works to ensure that the voices of local government are heard and considered at the binational and national levels by representing its over 110 members on a number of boards, including the:
- Great Lakes Executive Committee (GLEC)
- Great Lakes Advisory Board (GLAB)
- Great Lakes Water Quality Board (GLWQB)
- Great Lakes Fishery Commission (GLFC)
GLSLCI has worked to ensure that proposed legislation represents the best interests of the citizens of the Great Lakes – St. Lawrence region as well as the overall health of the region’s ecosystem.
See the left hand navigation for explanations of the:
- Great Lakes and St. Lawrence Sustainable Water Resources Compact and Agreement (Compact and Agreement)
- COA – MOC (Canada-Ontario Agreement and Memorandum of Cooperation),
- LAMPs (Lakewide Action and Management Plans).
Coming soon: Information on the St. Lawrence Action Plan.